The “4th Industrial Revolution” has the potential to create new and unimaginable opportunities for innovative manufacturers and even though many large OEM manufacturers have started implementing a range of 4IR programmes. However, many small and medium sized businesses are still unclear about its real potential.
This Manufacturing Connect event is aimed at giving SMEs clear answers to some critical questions:
What exactly is “4IR” and what tools are available to help me starting my 4IR journey?
Is 4IR for everyone? Or is it just a concern of the biggest manufacturers?
How can I utilise 4IR to achieve my business objectives and keep up with a changing market?
During the day EEF hopes to inspire, inform and connect all of its attendees by:
- Hearing from SMEs about their 4IR journey and what steps they took to embed a culture of continuous improvement
- Getting the latest insights on what is needed to successfully implement a 4IR programme
- Learning how to encourage employees’ commitment to 4IR initiatives
- Discovering how Digital Catapult’s Tech Challenge is unveiling the North East’s most innovative digital solutions for the manufacturing sector
- Knowing how your EEF membership can be the doorway to your 4IR journey
- Learning how R&D tax credits can help you fund your 4IR transformation
- Finding out about the resources, services and support EEF can give its members around 4IR, including the new online Problem Solving Network
- Leveraging on the power of EEF’s network to solve problems and seize opportunities
Richard Halstead, Membership Engagement Director North, EEF
1.30pm: ‘How EEF can help you get the most out of 4IR’
Naomi Morrow, Lead, Digital Catapult
2pm: ‘Supporting Digital Solutions for the Manufacturing Sector’
Sandy Findlay, Partner Manager, Jumpstart
2.20pm: ‘Discovering the latent value in innovation’
Richard Weston, Business Development Manager, Comau
2.30pm: ‘Industry 4.0’
Richard Egginton, Business Systems Manager, Sotech Limited
3pm: ‘Embracing Digital: A small business angle’
EEF’s Manufacturing Connect event which also including a factory tour in the Northern Design Centre at 3.30pm
To attend this event, visit EEF Manufacturing Connect